Monday, September 12, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, Days 12-17

First, I'm thinking it's time to update the look of this old blog again.  Summer is over, it's almost time for Halloween!  One of my favorites!  Not in an evil way...in a the kids get to dress up and we get to decorate with pumpkins, and black and orange type of way.  You know, with a little spooky in the mix! ;)


The Challenge again...



Day 12:  A photo experimenting with bokeh



Do you know how hard it is to go looking for bokeh?  I mean honestly.  I really wanted a shot taken in the day time, with the sun as my lighting, but I never got around to getting a good shot.  So this picture was taken at Disneyland.  Behind the glasses is the tea cup ride.  It's a little more harsh of a picture then what I originally wanted.  I wanted a soft picture, but the opportunity never presented itself.  But this one is cool, just not my first choice.

Day 13:  A photo edit that you like.


I know you've seen this picture before (some of you), but I remember how proud I was of what I did with it.  I edit pretty much all the pictures I take now and I love them all.  But this is the first time that I really edited in Photoshop.  And used like this 30 step process to get the eyes to pop.  Since then, I've found a 3 step process.  I think I found the tutorial on Pioneer Woman's blog.  That woman is cool.  And I love her tips.

Day 14:  A photo focusing on eyes.


A special thank you to my model...Stacy.  Talk about pretty eyes.  Her eyes are such a deep blue.  Love her.  She was sipping her coffee when I remembered that this challenge was my next one.  So I snapped a couple of pictures and this is the one that I ended up with.  I love it.

Day 15:  A photo of what ever you please.


I snapped that at my Grandma's house.  I just like the colors and pattern.  I think it's kind of cool and abstract.  It's the top of her little bistro outside.

Day 16:  A photo experimenting with light trails.


Okay this picture, I love!  I was so proud of myself.  And this is the picture that got me so far behind in the challenge.  I had to wait for Tim to get home to actually get it and he has been working such crazy hours.  You would have laughed if you saw me that night.  I grabbed my bar stool and headed out to Foothill.  I thought I didn't have a tripod.  I mean I have one for my video camera.  Never in a million years did I think of trying it with my camera.  Until last night.  Yeah, so I have a tripod now.

Anyway, I love this picture.  I was proud of myself.  I'm learning. :)

Day 17:  A photo with street lights.


To me, the street light challenge was boring.  Have you seen the street lights in Corona?  Ugly.  Ugly.  Ugly.  So I took the opportunity when we were at the Mission Inn yesterday to get something fancy.  Glad I did! 

I realize that I'm totally behind in this challenge, but I'm okay with that.  It's not like I don't have a job, or kids, or anything like that.  I can't think about it 24/7.  But don't be surprised if I take a day and complete it.  I will complete it, just on my own time.  It's fun.  It makes you think creatively.  And without thinking, it forces you to try new things with your camera.  I'd try it if I were you.  You'll be surprised at how much you like it!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger