Monday, June 27, 2011

Hoop - a - Loops on Father's Day

Fathers.

They are the coolest.  They throw you up in the air, chase you around the house, and tickle you until you can't stand it anymore.  They teach you right from wrong, they sometimes yell at you and punish you, but it's all out of love.

When you get older, they show you guidance, teach you lessons, and walk you down the aisle.

My Dad is an amazing man.  For those that know our story, he is quite the guy.  I am so blessed to have grown up with his love and support.  The guy deserves an award I think.  He always does for everyone else, rarely, does he ever do for himself.  Like I said, he's quite the guy.

I didn't get a picture of him on Father's Day because he spent most the day working on the yard.

I married one amazing guy.  In many ways he does remind me of my Dad but honestly, they are two totally different people.  Tim works hard just like my Dad, and has the same moral values. 

Tim is one of the best Daddies I've ever seen.  My kids love him uncontrollably.  When he walks through the door, those two light up.  One little girl has been staying awake at night just to make sure she gets a kiss good night from her Daddy.

I'm a lucky girl.  I am so lucky to have found such an amazing husband and father to our girls.  And it makes it that much easier him being easy on the eyes and all :)


Father's Day was very relaxing and we spent it with the regulars.  My Mom had purchased some very overpriced Hula Hoops a few days before, for when she watched the girls for Tim and me.

She had heard how much fun these bad boys can be for the girls.  Little did she know, they were going to be quite addicting and the focal point of the day.  Let me tell you, almost every single one of us tried these things out.

I knew that you wouldn't believe me, so I got proof.


The girls were very entertained.  Giggles upon giggles.  Nothing better than that sound.




Even Madi got in on the action.



If we had had a contest.  The winner would have been Tim.  Hands down.  He had that hip movement down I tell you!  Hand off ladies.  That hunk of meat is mine!


Honestly, this just proves that he is one of the best Dads ever.  Not too many would Hoop-a-loop with his little girls on Father's Day.   Only the most secure of men can hoop-a-loop, haha!


By the way, Riley calls the hulla hoops hoopa loops, that is why I'm calling them that, and I realize that I totally overdressed my girls for the day.  We woke up to foggy overcast skies with a chill.  By the time we got our shopping done and got to my Mom's, the sun was in full effect!  It turned into a beautiful day.

And a beautiful evening that we ended in the outdoor kitchen that my Mom and Pops recently built.  I love it in there!  But, they need to invest in some shades!


 I know it's late, but Happy Father's Day to all the great Daddies out there!  They are such gifts!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger