Friday, April 8, 2011

Ballet

I apologize if you came to my blog earlier from the update...testing.

That's what I was doing.  Trying to figure out how to round my corners in photoshop instead of picnik because I wanted my blog background to show through and not a white corner.  It took me a few tries but I'm proud to say that...I got it!!!

See!!

Awe.  It feels good to get something. 
On to the ballet!

I signed Riley up for ballet through her preschool.  I remember getting this flyer from preschool last year thinking it would be so fun to sign Riley up for it but didn't know if it would be a good class, etc.  After researching dance studios in town, I quickly gave up on putting Riley into a different class and missed my opportunity with the preschool.

So when the flyer came around this year, I quickly signed her up and handed over my money hoping that she would love it.

And she does.  This ballet/dance class fits Riley to a T.  She's in love.  The first practice was a little shaky.  Riley is definitely timid when it comes to trying something new.  But when her instructor busted out the fairy wands in every pastel color imaginable to practice a drill, Riley was hooked!

I finally took the time to go in and take a few pictures of their practice to share with you all.  It's adorable.  I'm hoping to sign Riley up for soccer soon too.  I definitely want her to play sports, but the dancing is just too dang cute to pass up.  Her recital is in June.  And I can't wait.

Riley follows instructions very well (from everyone in the world besides her Mother).  As you can see here!


Did you get a good look at her new hair cut?  Her curls are still there.  Thank the Lord! 


Okay, so a lot of the girls follow instructions well, as I soon found out.


And can I just tell you?  You walk in with a camera and all the hams come out.  Out of every little girl.  I was very popular with them, and most of the time they blocked my view from the star dancer that I was trying to photograph.

In case you don't believe me, this is not Riley's foot.  But she is that black blur in the background.


At one point, the girls all had the opportunity to show off a few of the moves that they've learned in front of the entire class.  Riley did a twirl...


And then very poorly attempted the splits.


She gets her flexibility skills from her Mother.  I can't even touch my toes.  Honestly.

It was fun to sit and watch the whole hour of class.  It's the cutest thing to see all these kids in their tutus dancing around.  I know Riley's Daddy is probably going to cry at her recital...which isn't till June.  Not to mention Pop Pop.


You know, when I was Riley's age, all I wanted to be was a ballerina.  And to get boobs.  Let's just say neither of them happened.  If the ballerina thing had happened, I would have been the tallest ballerina in the world.  If the boob thing had happened, well, Tim would be a very grateful man, ha!

And last but not least, a picture of Riley and her instructor.  Isn't she so cute?  The instructor that is.  We already know how cute Riley is!


I hope you enjoyed ballet day!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)