Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bunco & Boys


Meet Tasha...she's only one of the 12 fantastic women in my bunco group.

Last night we had our February bunco.  We started this group last year and the first ever bunco we had I hosted at my house in December.

If you are wondering why you never saw pictures of that event, it's because by the time everyone got to my house, I was so exhausted from prepping all day that I didn't take any pictures.

But I took lots of pictures at Mary's house.  She did such a beautiful job and it was fun to celebrate Valentine's Day two nights in a row!

Well, Tim and I didn't really celebrate, instead we signed our closing paperwork for the refinance that we just went through.  I know, romantic.  Tim got me a lower interest rate for Valentine's Day.

Mary had everything set up so beautifully, I mean, just look at that cheese ball, or should I say cheese heart!


And the strawberries!  Best cheese ball and chocolate covered strawberries I think I've ever had.  And I'm not just saying that.



Here's some of the other women.  Man, do we have a good group.  I think it's pretty amazing that we have such a great group to start off with.  Everyone is so much fun!


Once a month we get together.  It really is nice to get out of the house, eat good food, have a beverage, or two and just enjoy a little girls' night.



And if the dice gods are on your side, you just might win a prize!


That's my prize, I got the booby prize.

You know what the nice thing is too about this group?  Is we all live so close, I mean we are practically neighbors, wait, I mean we are neighbors!

Almost all these lovely ladies live on my street.

Talk about convenient!

So about those boys...

This is Sheryl and Donna.


My Mom and I get together with them about once every six weeks.  To visit and let the kids play.  We've known the Pidgeons for a long time.  It's been so much fun reconnecting.  I just love these ladies!

Where do the boys come in?  Well Sheryl has a little boy named Leo and she has another little boy on the way.  She is exactly 20 weeks today, half way there.  I'm sure from the picture above you can tell that she's glowing!

Today's visit was at Sheryl's beautiful home.

She always prepares the yummiest food for us!  We had pasta salad and panini's with a pesto mayo.  Talk about good!



While I stuffed my face and the other's enjoyed their lunch, we were serenaded by the most unbelievable pianists I've ever heard.  I think they do private parties and such.  If you are interested, I can get their number for your next party.



Not only do they have major skills on the piano, but they are also cute.


We had such a nice time, thank you Sheryl for such a lovely afternoon date.  Everything was outstanding and I can prove it...


I guess I've had a pretty good week so far, don't you think?  And it's only Wednesday!


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger