Thursday, January 20, 2011

Part 3 - FINALLY



I don't know why I've been slacking and not wanting to do this post.  Too many birthday posts and I am out of juice for the actual birthday party post.

Bad Mommy.

Well, the birthday festivities are over and have been for quite sometime.  Just last night I finally let the air out of two of Riley's birthday balloons. 

Her party was on the first with the family.  I wanted it to be very relaxed and calm.  I made a little football type spread (because of the games on) of pizzas, meatballs, my Mom brought weenies, and we had a vege platter.  Probably some other sides too but it's been so long I can't remember.

Whatever it was, it was yummy and I of course, ate way too much.

Riley requested a castle cake for her birthday.  I was so not in the mood to do this cake.  I had to decorate it on New Year's Eve.  Leave it to me to bring in the new year making a cake, blah.

Of course I had help.  Help from people drinking champagne.  It was New Year's Eve after all.

I had Tim rolling out fondant for the turrets. 

Tim's Dad was on turret shingle duty.

And Joy was on refill of beverage duty.
We worked well together, and got it done by 11:00 pm.  Not bad.




The table.





 The birthday girl.

Thank goodness that Joy got a few of her with her camera.  Why is it so hard to take pictures of the event when it's at your own house?  Am I the only one that doesn't even want to take pictures after working hard all day to have the house and food in order for company?


Yeah, she's wearing the same outfit that she did in San Diego.

And she was embarrassed when we sang Happy Birthday to her.





This post is very out of order but I'm okay with that.  I was up really late last night and don't have my heart in this post.  Can you tell?  How sad.

One thing we did do was let Riley open up her presents first and while Madi was napping, it was perfect.


And Riley gave everyone the biggest and best thank you I've ever seen.

She's such a sweetie!

Happy birthday to my Riley Rose!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger