Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Confession, This, That, and The Other Thing

I'm going to warn you now, this is a long post.  Grab your snuggie, your tea, and light a fire, you are gonna be here for a while.  You can blame it on the holiday season being so busy.  I only have a few spare moments to sit and blog.

The Confession...

My Dad asked me to order a gift for someone special this holiday season online.  It is my job to order, and wrap.  That is it.  But this gift is a good gift.  A gift that is on my list that I don't think I'll get.  I'm not going to tell you what this gift is but my confession is that I've used it twice.  I could have used it 50 times by now, but, I've held myself back to 2 times.  Don't worry, this person knows what she's getting and she knows that I've used it, and I think she felt like I violated her gift.  I had to try it out though, there is only a 15 day money back guarantee.  I had to make sure it wasn't broken.  I did this out of the goodness of my heart.

I won't tell you what it is but the clues are the pictures that follow. 

This
I wanted to tell you about a new project I've been working on.  It's called "Tame Riley".  This will have it's own post but to give you some hints, it includes stickers, and charts.  And once again it's called Tame Riley.  I'm guessing you've already figured it out by now.


This chick helped me put it together by ripping some paper to shreds.

I can't believe that Christmas is next weekend. I'm done with my shopping which is very good and all I have left is wrapping, which will be fun, for me. All the changing leaves have fallen off the tree in our front yard and are needing to be raked up. Winter is here.


This one right here is very excited about it.  Because 3 days after Christmas is her birthday.  Did you know that Jesus wants a Princess cake for his birthday just like Riley?  Yeah.  He does.  Riley said so.


So have you figured out the special gift yet that I played with, for 5 minutes each time?  If you've figured it out, please keep it to yourself.

One last hint.


That


This guy... 

Had us over for cocktails and appetizers.  I brought meatballs.  That burned the crap out of my tongue.  We also had a delicious Brie, stuffed mushrooms, scallops, pinwheels, and an antipasto platter.  Delicious.

We planned Sean's get together before we knew about...

The Other Thing


Riley's Christmas recital!  It was so cute!  Every class sang a few songs for all the parents, and Grandparents, and Aunts, and Uncles, and, and, and....

I dropped Riley off in her classroom.  You could feel the excitement from all the kids.  Super cute.  This is when I realized I had a kid and not a toddler any more.  Tear.


We waited patiently for all the kids to arrive.  I didn't have a seat.  We came with nine people so we gave the four seats reserved to the old folks.  I can't wait to see the pictures that my Mom took.  These are mine.

She was a little shy at first.

Showed us her girl's gone wild skills a few times. 

Then she got into it.  The girl screamed her lyrics.  I think she was the loudest.  It was funny.  But she knows funny.



And her biggest fan danced right along with her.  Madi was a proud sister.

After her recital, we headed back to Sean's for more food, and laughs.  It was a great evening and we didn't get home until 10:00 pm!!
And that concludes the post!  Not nearly as long as I thought it was going to be!

Hope you all are enjoying your Christmas festivities!



 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger