Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Then Some

What better way to post Christmas but in one long post.  I'm still tired from the festivities.  It's like I started tired.  Christmas Eve...tired....Christmas Day...tired plus a killer headache...the day after Christmas....even more tired, so tired that I took a nap.

What was with the tiredness this year?  I know my entire family was pooped.  It was a great Christmas though.  Riley had herself a little ball and Madi enjoyed every bit as well.  It was definitely one to remember!

I got myself a new lens, with a check that I received in the mail.  The check may or may not have been intended to be used on the family but I stole it.  All of it.  But I deserve every last penny of this check, so I used it.  ALL ON MYSELF.  I used every last bit for it, plus 3 dollars to cover the 2 day delivery so I'd get it before Christmas.  I love this lens.  It's fun and I'm still learning a ton, but this lens is actually helping me learn the camera better. 

 
On to the pictures.  I didn't take many when it actually mattered.  It's so hard to be in on all the excitement while taking pictures so Christmas morning, my camera was no where to be found.  Just imagine wrapping paper everywhere, kids screaming, me in the corner with a headache, and lots of pajamas.

We'll start with Christmas Eve.

In the morning, we exchanged gifts with our house guests and wore them.


I went to my Mom's to help with the dinner.  I made some enchiladas, and some bloody Mary's.  We cooked, we drank, we be'd merry and bright.

We played an intriguing game of "umbrella", never heard of it?  Well, don't ever play it.  It's annoying. 


We did this while my Mom set yet another gorgeous table.





When I came back home, the girls opened a very special gift from Nana and Granddad.  The Night Before Christmas read to them by Nana and Granddad on recording.  It is so cool.  It actually made me cry.  Such a sweet and thoughtful gift!



Twas the night before Christmas and Santa paid us a visit.  He dropped off some Pj's for all of us at the Kelley household.  He only drops these off for all the "really" good girls and boys.  Did you know that?  It's true.  Really.

We tried to find him in the sky.  But no luck.

Then, the most amazing thing happened.  We put on our pj's and sat as close as we could to each other.  We touched.  We didn't even mind that our legs rubbed together.  It was nice.  And deserves more than one picture.




That night, we headed home with the family to dream of sugar plums/finish wrapping/set the big guy out some saliva filled cookies.

Christmas morning, almost all of us woke up with M&Ms on our night stand and excitement in our bellies.

We couldn't wait to see what Old Nick left for us under the tree.

And in our stockings.

 



Did you know that he left us a note?  On the princess napkin Riley left for him?  She's so thoughtful, and I think he noticed.


After all that excitement, we headed to my Mom's, where I have no pictures of opening up gifts.  But I do have one of a little girl that couldn't stay away from the sweets table.


And some of us in really cool hats looking at really cool Christmas gifts.


And of some of us looking as handsome as ever.


Not to mention a few pics of some sneaky peeps.


Can you see Mr. Sneaky in this picture?  Look closely. 


 And I have some pictures of the hostess with the mostess, and myself.


And that token picture of that favorite Uncle of ours, in that really cool hat. 


I hope you all had a great Christmas.  I can't wait to go around tomorrow and read about all of your festivities.  I'm not going to lie, I've peaked, but I haven't sat down to read everything.

I'll see you all with my coffee in the morning.


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger