Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey Day 2010


And what a great day it was!

Small family get together, lots of yummy cooking, a few different pies, really well behaved children, and the best sausage stuffing I've ever had, finished off with a Christmas movie.

Does it get any better?

On to the pictures!

A few of the family first.

The hostess with the mostest and me...

The gravy maker...

Our broccoli and cheese chef...

The turkey carver...

And his bird...

The puzzle worker and her assistant...

And let's not forget the official taste testers we're there to just make sure it's good for everyone to eat.  We don't want anyone getting sick now.  Next holiday, keep in mind that we do make house calls...

My Mom set a gorgeous table, she always puts so much effort into everything and it turns out fabulous!



Last but definitely not least, a little bit of the feast.  Did I mention to you that we cooked with a lot of butter?

Don't believe me?  Please see our butter soup mashed potatoes.

At the end of the evening, the men had a scotch taste testing, which could be an entirely different post but I don't want to bore you with all of that, maybe just a few pictures.

Between the 12, 15, and 18.  I wonder which one was better.  My bet is on the 18.  Yes, I too tasted but I could have told you that from the beginning.

Oops, quick break for a picture of myself and the mister.

Let the tasting begin!






 The boys choose their favorites and ended the evening with an 18 year old scotch on the rocks.

I think my Dad licked these babies dry..

It really was a great day.  I love our Thanksgivings.  I'm sure you all had amazing times with your families and friends!

Until next post, I leave you with a sneak "peek" into my decked house.

It's officially the holidays!  I won't even tell you that there are only 27 shopping days left!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger