Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
 -Edward Sanford Martin

I've had this quote up in my kitchen all of November.  I love it, thought I'd share...

My heart is full of thanks.

I'm thankful for my health, my family, my friends, my neighbors. 

I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head and food on the table. 

I'm thankful that God has given me so much and will be forever thankful that I have God in my heart. 

I'm thankful for these 2 beautiful faces...

I'm thankful for gravy. 


 I'm thankful for the piles of laundry that I said 2 weeks ago I was going to catch up on. 

I'm thankful that I live in a free country.  I'm thankful for our troops that have fought for us, are fighting for us, and will fight for us, even on days like Thanksgiving. 
                                                                               
I'm thankful that I have such an amazing husband that just turned around to go get my camera from my Mom's so that I could post pictures with this.

I'm thankful for gravy.

I'm thankful that my kids drive me crazy on a daily basis.

I'm thankful for the little yellow tomatoes at Sam's that I can't seem to live without.

I'm thankful for my amazing parents.  They've taught me right and wrong, they've supported me when I've failed and succeeded.  They have guided me.  They do things to the turkey on Thanksgiving so that I don't have to.

Really...they get kinda intimate...

It makes me kind of sick to my stomach, but I'm thankful that some of us like to do things like this so that I don't have to...

Really...I'm thankful that some people can get a room when asked to, even if it is just the kitchen and I can leave.

I'm thankful for my awesome in laws, I so wish that they could join us this year.  My mother in law has a heart of gold and my father in law is one heck of a guy.  They raised an amazing son that I'm thankful to be married to.

I'm thankful for gravy.

I'm thankful for the happy hour beverage I had at my Mom's that I really didn't deserve because I forgot to put orange peels in the rice pudding and almost burned it.

I'm thankful that my house is already decorated for Christmas and I won't have to spend my four day weekend with a house filled with boxes.

 I'm thankful.  So thankful.  For so much.

I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving with your families.  Oh...

Gobble...Gobble...


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger