Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Never Underestimate the Power of...

Craigslist!!!

Before I go on, please excuse my bare looking blog.  I'm working on a Christmas background and don't know what I want yet.

Yesterday, I put a tree on Craigslist.  For free.  My Mom has been telling me to do this for a long time and I never did it because I thought I'd wait weeks to hear anything.  Well, I was definitely mistaken.  An hour after I posted my ad, I had 2 emails and 1 phone call regarding the tree.  By noon, I had 15 inquiries.  Wow right?  Maybe not?  I know that these trees are pretty expensive but they have gone down in value greatly since the economy took a you know what.

Free tree for whoever wanted to come and dig it up.  I requested a gardener, tree remover, or professional landscaper of some kind but I was willing to take the first person that sounded like they knew what they were doing.  One person told me that to take this tree out of the ground you needed a bobcat.  Really?  A bobcat?  They had me going at first but after speaking with Leo, I realized that they were full of you know what.

Leo came today with his brother.  He told me that I was nice enough to give the tree away and I didn't need someone to come in and leave me with a big fat mess or a busted up porch.  I like Leo.  Leo is coming back one day soon to take the palm trees from the side of the house out, he likes palms.  Me, I like them, but not in a walkway, and not to cover up the front of my house.  I've wanted these babies out since we saw the house for the first time. 

It took them a good 2 hours to dig up our Sago palm.  I took a few pictures sneaky style as they were working through the blinds.  One had Leo's crack in them and I figured that one should be kept off the blog.  One because nobody wants to see Leo's crack, and two, I didn't get his consent.

This is what it looked like before...


Yuck!


You can open your eyes now, trust me it gets better.

I didn't feel comfortable snooping like I said before, but someone was okay with it, and she did it half naked.  She had clothes on, I promise, but she's in a stage where she changes her outfits 3 times a day, or more.  It's great for my laundry situation.


I'd like to introduce you to my friend Leo, minus the crack...


Now, drumroll please....

Ta Da!!!

Now I can even see out my front window!


                                                                          From the street...


As you are pulling up to the house.


And the best part is you ask?  You can see my Christmas tree through the window now!

 Now I have to figure out what to plant here.  I'm thinking it would be nice if my Mom bought me a celebratory tree going away rose bush or two.  We'll see.  I have to get it done this weekend though, our first official Bunco is at my house on the 7th!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll take some pictures of my Christmas decor to post.

So what do you think?  You likey?
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger