Tuesday, November 2, 2010

3rd Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest


We held our 3rd annual last Friday evening around 6:00 pm.  I made a quick dinner for everyone of salad, ziti, and french bread and then we carved away!



Tim's second surprise for his birthday showed up a little after 6:00 and before Timmy got home.  It was the perfect surprise.  Tim was shocked, but there was no jumping up and down.  I guess he is a man, and has male tendencies.  I guess if he did jump up and down and scream like a little girl I would have something to worry about...

Brian and Nicola came down to attend the Oregon/USC game on Saturday...more of that later, after the trick-or-treating post coming later today or this week.

We got to work carving our pumpkins...









Along with 2 traditional pumpkins we also had a spider in it's web (Nicola), a witch (Sean), an Oregon O with bat wings (do I need to say Tim here?  All though his is not pictured, he got a late start), and a topsy turvy cake that ended up looking like a nightmare before Christmas dude (by me).  Not our best effort, I think the winners were Nicola and Tim, and maybe Sean.  Don't tell Sean though but nobody could tell what his pumpkin was, at all.  Can you?

Hope your Halloween festivities were spooky fun!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger