Sunday, April 25, 2010

Life


Well, it finally happened.  My life has taken over my life.  Blogging has become a thing of the past.  I really don't know how often I'll be updating.  When I do update, it will probably be these long boring posts that will only be important to me.  Madi just turned 18 months on the 19th and I've been dying to post about it.  She is the cutest little thing and is doing so much right now.  I always feel like when I'm having a bad day, all I have to do is look at her sweet little face and everything will be okay.  She's like a bottle of happiness all the time.  And Riley, on her good, nondramatic days (this is a rarity), is also a great medication.

Between cakes (the night job), kids getting in the way of my day job (it's harder than you think to work from home with your kids on top of you, sometimes I wish I had like two days at the office away from my kids), and all the other day to day activities, I'm exhausted.  A good exhausted, but exhausted.  I have no interest in blogging right now.  None.  Plus there is so much going on in the world right now that my day to day activities just seem so insignificant.  I've been looking at the big picture, what really matters in life.  I've had some conversations with people, and the things that are going on regarding our government has been making me sick.  Sick to my stomach.  Our future is so screwed unless someone can rally and do something about it.  Not trying to turn this here blog into a political one but I have to say it.  And what happened to the presence of God in our country?  All I know is that I still have Him, my family still has Him, and through Him, we can get through anything.  Even if some people are trying to take Him out of everything, along with turning our country into crap.

So, aside from all of that craziness, I've been spending more time with my family than cleaning my house, or blogging, or taking pictures.  I have had some really good conversations with my husband, and my Mom, and especially my Dad.  That man is such a good influence on me.  I think he is where I get my work ethic from, hardest worker I know, and my husband isn't far behind.  The pride that they both take in their work is something to look up to. 

I wasn't really sure where this post was going to go.  Basically I was just going to say that I'm probably not going to be blogging very much anymore, and then post pics from Disneyland.  Or maybe Easter, because I'm that far behind.  I'm canceling my blog that was going to offer backgrounds.  I have like 20 backgrounds that I never put on that blog because no time to work out the kinks of a blog box.  I love designing backgrounds but I can't do everything.  My biz is taking up all of the time that I had for blogging.  I guess I'll just make backgrounds for myself, that is what got me into it in the first place.  Extending my pixels to fit bigger pics meant no backgrounds available, and I loooove backgrounds!!  That's the prettiest thing about the blogs!

I have a feeling that I've been doing a bit of rambling so I'll get to some pictures of Disneyland.  We've gone two weekends in a row and I think, I think Mickey has been taking all of my money.  Mickey or that girlfriend of his Minnie.

These pics are from last weekend, this weekend, I didn't even charge my battery and it died after the 4th picture that I took.  Oh well, I was happy about it.


This face should say it all...


I think Minnie is her favorite of the two mice, but I could be wrong...


Riley is so into the rides right now.  We go from the cars, to the tea cups (with Mommy), Dumbo (with Daddy), Peter Pan, the carousel, and back to the tea cups.  We tried to do Pirates today but because of technical difficulties, we decided to just have some icecream instead.


Oh yeah, and Madison was there too, but she usually makes faces like this...

Not so cute, but so Madison!

Hopefully I'll be blogging more than I think because it really is fun and when I bind this bad boy I want it to be interesting and not just a bunch of pictures.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope to visit all of your blogs soon.

Oh yeah, and on a side note, thank God for these handy little babies...


I would be replacing my lens if I didn't have this guy protecting it.  I'm not going to name names, but my husband dropped my camera today when we were getting in the car to come home from Disneyland.  Total accident and thank the Lord that it landed on the lens.  I'd rather replace the lens then the body.  The lens is okay for now, it is a little roughed up but should work fine.  My poor baby.  I had to pry the lens protector from the lens itself.  Fun stuff, really.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger