Not really, but it would be really cool if I was cool, like really cool. Until I am really cool though (which I am sure is going to happen for me over the next couple of months, I can feel it), I think I'm just going to pretend to be cool and post about how cool I am. If you've actually read this far into my post then by now, you are probably saying to yourself, wow, this girl is really not cool.
But I feel cool because my new friend Nikki over at My Fantabulous Wonderful Life (such a cute name right?) nominated me for the Honest Scrap Award. Woo Hoo!! I'm so excited! Thanks Nikki!!
With this award I get to nominate ten other great bloggers and the "best" part is you get to read honest bits of info about me. I'll wait while you go and grab your snack and beverage. This is going to be really entertaining. I "promise".
Ahem, let's begin...
1. I have a weakness for hamburgers. Whenever I decide that it's not a cooking night, usually my hubby will pick up something fast for us. Being the good wife that I am, wait, these are honest tidbits of info right? Okay, let me rephrase, being the so-so wife that I am, I always let the hubby pick the place. On the inside, while he's deciding, I wish and hope and pray, okay scratch the pray (maybe I'm not cut out for this honest scrap award, already I'm seeing how much I fib on a daily basis) I don't pray, God has better things to do then listen to my prayers for a fast food burger. So, back to it, I wish and hope that he says some joint where I can order a burger. Seriously, it's my favorite food. Aside from steak, and pasta....
2. My daily outfit consists of jeans and an old volleyball t-shirt, preferably one of my old college vb shirts instead of high school. I don't want people thinking that I'm still living in the past. That would be so uncool of me. Daily outfit continued - tennies, and hair in a pony with no makeup. This is where that so-so of a wife makes an appearance. My husband says he likes this look, he's so good to me. I know he's lying.
3. I love boardgames. I can't wait until my kids are old enough so that I can bore them with family nights filled with boardgames and pizza. I can see their happy faces now...
4. My bonus room is a mess 98% of the time. It only gets cleaned for company. Rephrase, company that is not my family. It's filled with toys, such a waste of good square footage.
5. I love home improvements and doing them ourselves. I mean, having my husband do them, just kidding, I do a lot of painting and other things. Right now I'm saving up my penny's for granite counter tops. I've already nominated my hubby to rip out our tile counter tops to save around $200.00. He loves me. I know he does. Somewhere deep down inside.
6. I did not plan either one of my children. They are the only two oops that my husband and I have had. Both of those oops have ended up in children. I sure hope there is not another oops in my future. I need to be good and ready this time for another addition.
7. I'm ready to open up a bakery before I have another oops. I want one so bad, a bakery that is, not an oops. The question is where and when. But, I'm ready and am so excited for when that day might happen.
8. I let my kids brawl it out when they fight sometimes. I know that they are only 3 and 1 but they are very surprisingly evenly matched. And they are both girls. And, I'm just a bad parent, or a so-so one. I haven't decided yet. I'll let you know when I do.
9. I'm so glad that I paid for the scotch guard deal on my sectional. Do you want to know some of the things I've gotten out of that fabric? Marker, chocolate, beer, blood (we are starting to sound like a disgusting family huh? Let me explain, the blood was my blood, I had a blister on my heel and had no idea that it was as bad as it was. I have a high pain tolerance, which is cool, but my couch suffered. Anyway, I've also gotten out greasy finger prints (the small kind not the adult kind), and this morning I just got purple crayon out of it. Thanks Riley. You made my day.
10. I do a lot. For those of you that know me, many of you think it's too much. I beg to differ. I think it's a good thing. I'm a hard worker. Do you want to know what suffers the most? This can be our dirty little secret. Laundry. This is my most dreaded chore. I haven't been caught up on my laundry in months. Whose laundry suffers the most? Yep you guessed it mine. My kids always have clean clothes and the hubby does too. Maybe that's why my daily outfit is jeans and a vb t-shirt. I don't know. I'll catch up one day, when I hire a housekeeper.
So there you have it, my ten "honest" bits of information. No really, it is all honest, I think. I hope I didn't bore you. My main goal was to make you think that I am cool. Did it work?
Now on to my nominees...
Drum roll, I have so many readers (fib, fib, fib) I know you are all at the edge of your seats to see who I've picked. I love all of the blogs that I follow and wish I could pick you all!!
1. My World and Welcome to It
2. Jersey Girl
3. lowercase letters
4. It's a Sweet Life
5. Life in the Hass House
6. The Martin Family
7. Leo's Tale
8. Gammy's Coop
9. Seizing my Day
10. Really are you Serious
Can't wait to see what you post guys! And thanks again Nikki! This was so much fun!