Monday, March 8, 2010

The Orange Groves

When I think about Corona, the oranges are usually what pop into my head.  Fifteen years ago, there were a lot of orange groves, and that smell of the orange blossoms filled my senses when they were blooming.  For me, there is nothing like that fragrance.  Now a days, the orange groves are few and far between.  I guess we had to make room for all of these people that now live in Corona. 

By my Mom's house there is a street, that has a small little orange grove.  I pass it all the time and I've really been wanting to take the girls there to get some pictures.  Originally, I wanted to take most of my pictures on this dirt path leading back to the grove.  Little did I know, there is a house that borders that dirt road and they had a very distracting dog.  So, we improvised, and I'm so glad that we did.  Plus, honestly, with kids, you have to take pictures where they want to take pictures explore.

Okay, now, put that aside and I want to explain a little about these pictures.  My brother has taken a few photography classes in the past and he is a very excellent photographer, I think.  My Mom and I have been picking his brain a bit about it, and I've learned a few things.  I actually do some things right, and I didn't even know that I was doing it.  I guess, I just like the look of something through my lens, and snap.  That's how I've been doing it.  My brother has also told us that he does not like an edited picture.  He feels like if it's been edited, then it was not a good picture to begin with.  I don't always agree with this, but sometimes I think he might be right.  I don't think he was talking about putting something in black and white, or a sepia tone.  He's talking about cropping, touching up the lighting, shadowing, and stuff like that.  So, when I took the girls here, I practiced like I was not going to do any editing.  So, these pictures are as is, straight from my camera.  Except for one that I took all of Madison's boogies away.  Nobody wants to see boogies.  If you do, let me know, and I'll leave them in the next time. 

Also, I'm not apologizing anymore for posting so many pictures.  The blog is for my family, and I like to see as many pictures of my girls as I can.  The Grand folks up in Oregon love it too.  See Joy, I might not post as often as I'd like, but at least when I do, you get herds of pictures!!  I realize that I have a sickness, but it's not going to go away.

So here they are, all the pictures.  I'd love to hear what you think!  After looking through my pictures I realize that I really don't get many pictures of my kids just smiling at the camera, and come to think of it, I don't ask them to.  Maybe I should, but there is something about the candid shots that I love.












































































I also did a little practicing on shooting not just my kids.  That's hard, I always want them in my pictures ;)








I hope you enjoyed them at least!! I won't be going anywhere to take this many pictures for a while because of my crazy life, so, relax, this won't be an everyday thing.   And, even if I do go take thousands of pictures, I won't have the time to post all of them. 
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger