Monday, February 22, 2010

Things I'm Looking Forward to...

I realize I have not posted anything in about a week.  I hate coming to my blog and seeing such an old post just hanging out collecting dust.  So, I figured I'd at least post something.  I haven't taken any pictures lately because I've been really busy (shocker).  So, this might be boring for you, but for me, it's very encouraging.

I have a lot to look forward to.

  1. I'm looking forward to having all my money saved for a new laptop.  Working, and playing on the same computer is putting a toll on my old dell.  First off, let me just say, that my experience with a dell computer, um, sucks.  I've had this old girl for about 6 years, 2 of which it laid lazy like in storage.  But, it sucks.  I am about $250.00 away from getting the laptop that I want.  It's an hp.  Would love a mac, but right now, I don't exactly have $1500.00 for a laptop.  Plus with kids, I could just see the dang thing hitting the floor, as careful as I may be.  Those kids are tricky.  They even pile pillows up as step stools.  Sneaky beasts.
  2. This brings me to my next one.  With a new computer to play on, I can get my new blog up and running.  I'm wanting to offer backgrounds.  Why?  Why would a person who works full time and does cakes and cookies on the side with two beasts, three including her hubby, want to throw another thing on her plate?  (have you gotten sick of me saying how much I do?  Because if you are, suck it up, it reminds me of how much I accomplish on a day to day basis, it does wonders for my self esteem, and when my kids get to the age where they say, I can't do it, I can show them this in our bound blog and say yes you can, suck it up you little wuss, your old Mom did it once...)  Anyway, with that said, the new blog is called Kristi Rush Designs, I'm leaving it open like that in case I decide I want to design anything else.  I can always switch over.  I've only done a total of like six backgrounds so far, but I'm loving it.  HTML codes, I heart you.  I realize I'm an amateur, but this stuff rocks, it's so much fun.
  3. Purchasing Photoshop.  I'm using a free program right now to actually put my backgrounds together that freezes up all the time.  Photoshop will be nice for background purposes and personal.  Can't wait.
  4. I'm looking forward to Riley finally realizing that when she goes potty, she can wipe herself right there on the toilet.  She does not have to take the end of the roll and pull it until there is a string of toilet paper coming out of the bathroom, down the hall, and into my bedroom/her bedroom/down the stairs, until she wipes herself.
  5. When Riley stops screaming from her bedroom because the stuffed animal that Tim bought her for V Day has it's elephant ears all wrong.  Why elephant ears flopping back instead of forward bothers a three year old so much beats me.  Which brings me to my next one...
  6. When the hubby finally realizes that I've packed away 3/4 of Riley's stuffed animals because we have too many.  Um, at this point, I'd rather him by them candy, lots of candy...
  7. When Stacy and Bella come to visit.  Some time after April 15th, for obvious reasons...
  8. I'm looking forward to noonish tomorrow.  That's when Anna said she'd be over to drop off our CD of our shoot with her.  That girl is awesome, I've seen so much that she has done that I finally said, "That's it, no more JC Penny."  I'll post some pictures hopefully tomorrow.
  9. Ending this post.  I've already used too many words and not enough pictures.  So I'll leave you with a collage that Anna emailed me, she took these at the Irvine Park Railroad, great place, we will be back to just hang out.

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger