Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The perfect lunch...

....with the perfect guests!


Back when Madi was still in a baby carrier, my Mom and I have been lunching with Sheryl and her Mom Gammy (aka Donna, aka DP).  We have the best time together.  A little background, we've known the Pidgeons for a long time, I played softball with DP's daughter Nicole, and Stacy, my sister, was friends with Sheryl.  We have history people.

Sheryl's little boy Leo is about a month younger than Madison.  Now, when you see pictures of Leo and you see how cute he is, don't try to claim him for your baby's boyfriend.  He is already taken.  Madi and Leo make quite a cute couple, all though, I think Madi might have some competition.  Riley had a lovely time with Leo today too.  He might be a two timer.  We will see about that...

Anyway, back to the lunch.  When we first started our lunches, we'd meet out at BJ's and we'd have ourselves a little midday cocktail.  Usually, a Hefewiezen, because BJ's makes the best Hef's.  It was fun, and different, and just nice to have good conversation with good people.  These woman rock the house.  They are pretty awesome.  Not as awesome as me, but....  Just kidding.  It's my birthday I had to say something about myself.  Once again, back to the lunch... my cocktail must be kicking in, I think I'm rambling...

The last time we had lunch at BJ's we decided that those days were over.  My two beasts just didn't do too well.  So we've decided to just have lunch at our homes.  This has worked out perfectly.  The kids can run around and play, and we don't have to worry about screaming, fighting, biting, or any of that nonsense.  It's much more relaxing.

Today, I had lunch at my house.  We had a ball.  Here, I'll tell you about it, with photos of course...

My Mom, has a beautiful tablescape planned to post tonight on her blog, and if some of the elements look similar, well they should.  My Mother in law Joy bought us both a set of the cutest little dishes and my Mom did a table with them.  I asked her to bring over some of the stuff from her table, and I'd use my dishes and some of my stuff.  So she did, and she set my table for me, isn't it pretty??  That woman is gifted I tell ya.


Another shout out to my Mom too because she took all of the pictures, I was prepping food.  Thanks Mom!!  I don't know what Sean was talking about, your pictures are awesome...


These dishes are totally cute people.  They are each different with a different lady on them, shop girl, wine girl, etc.  Love them!  Thanks Joy!!


Having lunch is hard when all of the woman eating the lunch are on weight watchers, which brings me to the star of the show...

How did Donna get in there?  Ooops, I was talking about the star of the show.  I meant to show you this...

Yes, DP, you were the star of the show, not the gin, don't panic.  The gin made it better, but without you, there would be no gin.  Let me explain to all of you that were not there and are completely lost.  Like I said before, our drink of choice is a Hef, the problem??  3 points a pop.  What do four woman do that are on a diet but still would like a midday cocktail?  Why, find one that's 2 points a pop of course!  DP brought over her own bar, complete with ice.  She's so great.  Makes a great gin and tonic too, my new favorite drink of choice.

The bartenders...

The kids did great today.  My kids do so good at our house.  And Leo, he is a little saint.  And like I said, so cute.  Hands off baby ladies, like I said.  He is taken.

A quick cheers...

I told them not to bring gifts, but they did, kind of, here is one...

Oh, and what did I serve for lunch you ask?  A blue cheese and walnut salad, my take on the BJ's angel hair toscana, and some tomato and basil bruschetta.

And every good lunch is followed by dessert, cake for me, and 0 points strawberries and fat free cool whip.

After lunch and dessert, we sat around and had intellectual conversations sang songs from some of the great old movies.  Chang, chang, chang goes the trolley....

We sure do know how to have a good time!
Thank you guys for joining me for such a fun afternoon.  I love hosting, it was a pleasure to have you at my house and the perfect way to spend my birthday lunch!  Can't wait for next time.  I'll bring the...
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger