Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yada Yada

Last weekend, my wonderful hubster put up our Christmas lights.  This is the first time we have put Christmas lights up as a family on our own dwelling.  I remember last year, we were supposed to close on our house around Thanksgiving.  I remember the first thing I wanted to do was put Christmas lights up.  I was so excited to be in before Christmas and couldn't wait to decorate.  Looking back, I believe I might have been a little insane to believe that we could actually paint the entire inside of our house, get carpet, clean up other people's nastiness, then move in our stuff, and on top of that decorate for Christmas, all before like Dec 15th???  Yeah right, call the crazy police, I should have been arrested.  Luckily for me, we didn't close until 3 days before Christmas.  It's a good thing, I might have caused a divorce with all of that crazy thinking.

Anyway, Christmas this year is so dang special for me.  My kids are at an awesome age, and I have a wonderful hubby, and we have a totally awesome house that looks great in red and green.  The Christmas spirit is alive and kicking over here in the Rush residence.

So, the hubby, totally risked his life for me.  I had to have Christmas lights up on the top eve of our house.  When you see the pictures, you will see why.  The bottom eve, is like all of three feet.  It had to be done.  So mi papa helped my "monkey husband", as my Dad likes to say, put the lights up on our top eve.  He even brought over his extremely long ladder for Tim to use.  He was so high up, I thought for sure he'd come back down with some magic beans.  He didn't, but because he risked his life, our house looks awesome!!

My Dad had to take off after he helped with the most dangerous part and left Riley and I in charge of Monkey Tim.  Ladders, and husbands on ladders, kind of freaks me out.  Especially, my husband, who likes to show me by bouncing on the roof how stable it is.  Right.  Safe.  Secure.  And I thought I was crazy.  So, Tim switched off from the ladder to the roof at one portion of the house.  This is where Riley started going a little crazy saying,

"Don't worry Daddy, I'll catch you.....Don't fall Daddy, be careful Daddy."


Such a hard worker.

Our super helper, as she says...."Riley is a super helper!!  MmmHmm."


The Mom and Pops came over a few days later to see the lights, and Mom decided to bring over her dinner fixings, so we had pastrami rubens, or something. They were delicious, pastrami, sourkraut, deli mustard, and provolone on rye. Mmmmm. All I had to do was buy the pasta salad. Heck yeah! My kind of dinner!

Take a look at these gorgeous wine glasses my Mom gave to me four years ago...
Madi took a very important call from Daddy that night.

Okay, when Madison was born, Riley got this cute baby doll gift set from my Mom, with a stroller, crib, the works. Why do my kids push each other around in the stroller? They think it's the best thing in the world.




Oh yeah, and the reason for this post, the lights!!!  How do they look?  Awesome?  I really couldn't agree more.

And, just a little peek inside the front window...
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger