Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Disneyland and Snow!!!

Sunday morning, Tim and I decided that it would be really fun to take the girls to Disneyland to see all of the pretty Christmas decorations, and possibly the snow.  For those of you that may not be aware, it snows at Disneyland every night during the month of December, maybe even some of Nov and Jan but I'm not sure about that.

We arrived sometime around 6:30 pm maybe?  I can't remember.  The girls were bundled up and Riley was very excited to go see Minnie's house.  We invited these two,

Who always do a really good job of not looking at the camera.  They totally annoy me.  "Look dear, they are taking a picture, let's pretend to not see them so that we don't have to be photographed.  You look that way, and I'll look this way, I might even be able to cover my face with this cup of coffee..."  Losers.  ;)


I'm really wanting to learn more about my camera, it's sooo difficult to take pics in the dark, the lighting was awful, so I played around with my settings to try to get some decent pics.  I'd love to go to Disneyland when there is nobody there to really get some good ones. 

Here is the castle, apparently it makes a few wardrobe changes throughout the night.  It has many different looks.


They had the pond filled up and I got a pretty cool reflection picture.


It's a Small World looked pretty too...


We are very slowly introducing Riley to the rides, she has now officially gone on three rides, "It's a Small World, the Fairy Book Land (or something like that, you know the one where you go on a boat into the whales mouth and they tell you a story?), and the submarine Little Nemo ride.  So far, so good.  Next time we go, I think Riley decided she wants to drive the cars.  She's a little afraid of the rides, so I think she's made good progress.

Here we are going into the whales mouth...


Some pictures in line...


























My Mom and Dad left after Little Nemo and Tim and I stuck around to see if the girls would stay up for the snow show.  We went and found some of Tim's favorite Goofy sour candies and did a few laps around all the crazy people waiting for the fireworks.  We snacked on our candy and did two laps, it was around 9:35 and the fireworks were supposed to start at 9:25, we took a look at all those people and decided that we should probably just head home.  I was disappointed but, it was for the best.  Luckily, half way down Main St., the fireworks started so we jumped in with all the crazy people and watched the show.  Riley LOVED it!!  Then, right after, we got our snow!!!!


It was an awesome night, and the girls couldn't have been better!  We hit no traffic heading out, and we stopped for a quick bite to eat.  The girls fell asleep in the car too, that rarely happens for us!!



It was a great night!!  I have a list of things I wanted to do before Christmas with the kids, and now I can cross this one off!!
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger