Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Swine

The Swine Flu.


Has it happened to you?


It sort of, not really, happened to us.

My Uncle came last week to drop off my Grandma. Her visit in Arizona came to an end and she was coming back home to California. Can I just say how much we missed her? As Uncle Tommy and my Grandma are entering Corona, my Mom finds out that Kasey, my cousin back in Arizona had the swine flu. U.T. and BaBa had been exposed to the swine flu but had no symptoms. The one Kelley and one Rush were a little bit worried about getting the swine flu from the Arizonians, the others, told us we were crazy. So to take precautionary measures, my Mom and Dad bunked up with us for the night. I called our doctor to see how cautious we should be about it and she gave us good news. The time frame in which they were exposed made the chances of them even having it very, very remote. Basically, they were out of the time frame in which they would have gotten it. So, Mom and Pops slept over for no reason. But, we had a good time. Once again, so grateful for the guest bedroom, and so happy with myself that it already had clean sheets on it. Way to go Kristi!

My Mom made sure she brought all the essentials...


Is that my daughter with no pants? Again? Sheesh, what a bad mother.


Madison was so excited to see my Mom coming over so late, I took a picture from the front door, but I don't think you can see the excitement...




My Mom made sure she took every precaution...

She had prepared a yummy ziti that we were all going to enjoy together that night but split it up and brought half to our house and gave the other half to the swines. She made us a salad...


After we got the news from the doc, we had a good visit with U.T. before he had to go home. We felt a little bit crazy for acting you know, crazy, but, with my girls, I really can't take any chances. The swine flu scares me.


The reason I have good lookin kids, right there...
Ah, my hubby, I love him...

I don't hink Mom's a big picture taker...

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger