Friday, July 24, 2009

Nine Months

Well, I got Madi to her Doctor's appointment on Wednesday and everything went great! She's really healthy and growing just like she is supposed too. She is 18.1 pounds (50th %) and 29.25 inches long (90th %). She still has a wee little head! Both my girls have wee little heads but they come from a wee little head family!

Madison has been crawling for two months now and for the past month, she's been "crawling" on her hands and feet. She looks like a little monkey, I want to get it on video soon because it's so funny to watch. At first I thought she only did it downstairs on the tile but no, she does it everywhere! She is definitely doing more cruising of the furniture. Her favorite thing to do is go from one piece of furniture to the next. We've tried standing alone but whenever I try that, she gets up on her tippy toes and can't balance so she sits. A lot of the time when I try to sit her down, she only wants to stand.

She started clapping on 7/3 and waving bye bye 7/15. She waves bye bye to herself so we are still working on waving bye bye to other people. She chatters a lot. Along with Mama and Dada, I can now add to her list of "words" nigh nigh. This is night night. It started last week I think it was Wednesday 7/15 when she was really fussy and repeated over and over, nay nay, which now has turned into nigh nigh. She says, "nigh, nigh, Mama." It's really kinda cute!

She has her two top teeth now, she got them, 6/23 and 6/27. They are now actually pretty visible as you can see in this picture. Madi has a total of four teeth. I can't believe how big she is. At her doc visit I went ahead and made her 12 month appointment. Three more months and it will be her first birthday, it's just crazy! We have had a pretty busy year and I think that is why it's gone so fast.


Madison loves to play with her sister and is starting to fight back for the toys that Riley so forcefully rips from her little fingers. She screams and holds on really tight sometimes. I think Riley is going to have to toughen up a bit or Madi just might be the boss around here.

Her sleeping habits really have not gotten any better. Her morning nap is about the only time that I can at least get a good sleep out of her. She's so naughty. If she slept, she'd be perfect because when she's awake she's such a charmer. Everyone always comments on how happy she is. She's also in that shy stage. Which is so cute for me. When someone she is not too familiar with is talking to her, she smiles and puts her head on my chest. I just love that!!

She has been eating table food for about a month now along with her baby food. It is so nice to have a good eater. She's like a garbage disposal. I love it, it's a nice change from little Ms. Picky Riley. Usually Madi will eat her meal and then polish of Riley's. I think she eats more than Riley does. Wow, that sounds healthy huh?

I can't really think of much else to post about right now but my mind is consumed with cupcakes. I know that these pictures are not the best, I'd like them to be of her cruising, or crawling on her feet, or other fun things but I've been a bad picture taker. So these will have to do!



Hopefully in the next couple of days I'm going to get a post up here about Riley. She just recently turned two and a half and I'd like to get a post together all about her!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger