Friday, December 19, 2008

Two Month Madi

Madison had a Doctor's Appointment on Wednesday and I want to write all of this down before I forget. I dropped Riley off with my Mom and we went for her two month visit. She got five shots and an oral vaccination. She weighed in at 11.5 pounds and she is 23.75 inches long. 90th percentile height and 50-75 percentile weight. She has a wee little head measuring in the 10th percentile. I'm going to have to check but I think she might be longer than Riley was at this age. I think Riley was in the 75th percentile at 2 months but I could be wrong. Anyways, she started out the appointment by making a liar out of me. When the doc said she was going to have to drink one of the vaccinations, I told her good luck. Everything I try to give her, like gas medicine, she spits right back out. Well not this stuff, she looked for more when she was done. Whatever, I can't keep up. Then she got her shots and the poor thing screamed and screamed, I hate shots. It was a good appointment though and the doc said she was very healthy. Her thrush is all gone as well, and she is smiling and cooing and doing everything she's supposed to.

Two months has gone by so fast, and we've loved almost every minute of it. The first two weeks were cake, she slept everywhere and was an absolute angel. Then the screaming started, we didn't know what was wrong, I think her tummy just was not developed enough yet. For about two weeks now, she has been back to being that angel baby. It's so nice. She's smiling and cooing, she talks way more than Riley did. Riley was such a quiet baby compared to Madison. She has a huge temper and gets mad if I don't do what she wants right away (that's when she does the scream). But overall, she is a much easier baby than Riley. She does not fight me on anything, if she is tired, she sleeps, and if she is hungry, she eats, and if her diaper is dirty, she wants it changed. As long as I do as she says, she's so good!! I know, who works for who right? Her first real smile was 11/05/2008. I think just yesterday, she realized that Riley exists. We were at the office and Riley was running around talking and being crazy, and Madison started talking and smiling at her. I tell you, it was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Hopefully I'll get video of that soon. So cute. Let's see what else, for about a week now, she sleeps 5.5-6 hours straight at night, wakes up to eat, and then back to sleep for about 2-3 hours. Don't you love that? I thought people lied about their children sleeping at night when we had Riley. Now I know that babies like that do exist, and I just might have one!! She loves her tummy also unlike Riley at her age, and she loves to eat. Loves her bath, unlike Riley. She lets me massage her with lotion when she gets out of the tub too. We sing and massage, it's rather nice and very relaxing, of course we do this once Riley has gone to bed. I hope I'm not forgetting anything for my own sake because with the house closed, I'm not going to have any time to write in the baby book. Thank goodness for the blog!!


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger