Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Business As Usual

So I've officially taken almost a month off from doing any kind of side work. I just can't stay away too long, I really miss making cakes and cookies for people. It not only has become something to make money, I really enjoy doing it. When someone calls to place an order, I get really excited because it's a new person with new ideas. That's fun for me because as easy as it may be to repeat a design that I've already done, I enjoy the challenge of coming up with something new more. Here are a couple pictures of the first order I've done since having the baby. I'm back in business and it's so much fun!!


The cake is a four layer carrot cake from a recipe I found about a week ago. I tweeked it, like I always do, to make it mine. The icing is a cream cheese frosting, homemade as well.





Here is the cookie bouquet




Sean has become my official camera man. His skills are amazing, it's a good thing he's my brother, or I'd be paying for such professional work. Thanks Sean, you make my cakes look so good, sometimes I feel like I can smell them!! I love how close you get to the cake, you can really see the detail work. Makes me want to eat it!! Yum! Yum!
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger